If website owners want prospect customers to stay at their website longer and purchase products or acquire services, they need a website that is easy to use and navigate. Follow these techniques to improve any current website. No website is too small or too irrelevant, whether you’re selling homemade accessories or in the business of cleaning out storm drainage, these tips can be applied nonetheless:
1. Create a professional logo for the website and link it to the homepage. The logo’s location inside the webpage is important and could have an impact on the site’s overall look. The best option is to use images for the logo with high resolution, position it in the upper left corner and link it to the homepage for easy navigation.
2. Use simple navigation techniques that most people are acquainted to. Pages should be placed on a horizontal bar at the top part of the page and other links should be put at the sidebar. Anything confusing will make visitors to exit the page rather than waste time figuring the layout. Remember to put important information at the top and anything less important should be at the bottom for less confusion.
3. Make the website clutter-free. Too much images and animated gifs will draw away the customer’s focus from the most important part, the websites content. A human brain usually stops processing information when faced with too many options. Though content are important, website owners should limit the paragraphs length and keep it to 5 or 6 sentences long.
4. Give emphasis to every content and images by putting spaces in between them. It will also give the visitors some breathing room and absorb everything about the website. White space is great to keep their focus on the contents and avoid too much visual competition.
5. Using neutral colors on the website will give off a simple yet elegant look. It is also advisable to use color palettes that match the websites logo so everything looks consistent.
6. Hire professionals to take photographs to be used on the website. Professional looking photographs will also give the customers the impression that the company is professional. Purchase professional stock images which correspond to the websites content. Using images that are not related to the content is far worse than having no images at all.
7. Use fonts that are easy to read. Take into consideration the different devices the website will be viewed on.